Yellow Chives with Eggs. The Chinese yellow chives are stir fried with scrambled eggs. Serve it as a side dish or top it on steamed rice as a light main. Reheat the wok over high heat and heat until almost smoking.
Place the eggs back into the wok and mix with the chives. Chinese Chives & Eggs Stir fry is a very simple, homey dish that you just don't see in restaurants, and it's so basic that anyone can make it. But it can also vary wildly from person to person. You can have Yellow Chives with Eggs using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yellow Chives with Eggs
- Prepare 1 bundle of yellow chives.
- Prepare of Shallots.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- It's 1 dash of black pepper,a little chicken powder(mix with eggs).
When it comes to eggs, some like them runny and some like them cooked fully through. Oddly enough, I belong to the latter party. Using a spatula, scrape eggs from sides in towards middle of wok. Continue to cook, scraping eggs from sides in towards the middle, until some large fluffy curds have formed and eggs are about halfway cooked.
Yellow Chives with Eggs step by step
- Prepare all the ingredients. Heat wok and fry the egg until fluffy then cut into stripes then set aside..
- In the same wok add in oil and stir fry shallots then chives. Mix well and add a little water, cook until half done. Dont add any seasoning, because the eggs already season..
- When half done add in eggs mix well then remove from wok..
Add shrimp and chives to eggs and gently stir until eggs are just slightly runny. Transfer to serving plate and serve immediately. Yellow chives are grown without light, so consequently no chlorophyll is produced. It can be a good substitute for standard Chinese chives. Yellow chives (or sometimes Chinese chives) with standard egg is a very popular and humble dish for Chinese home cooking.