Tofu Eggs. Tofu scramble is a popular quick and easy, scrambled egg substitute for vegetarians and vegans. Most vegetarian restaurants serve up some version of this dish for breakfast or brunch, but it's simple and easy enough to make at home with little more than tofu, a few veggies, and some seasonings. Because of it's practically tasteless flavor, tofu is a the perfect canvas for creating whatever flavor you want.
Scrambled tofu has a similar texture to scrambled eggs, is just as versatile, and is infinitely customizable. With five ingredients and four simple steps, you can have a tofu scramble even on the busiest weekdays. Tofu Scramble is also good with all sorts of vegetables mixed in. You can have Tofu Eggs using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu Eggs
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 of tofu (fried half cook).
- Prepare 1 of potato (boiled).
- You need 100 gr of bean sprouts (blanche).
- It's of Celery & Spring onion (a bit for garnish).
- It's of Fried onion (garnish).
- You need 2 tbsp of sweet sauce.
- Prepare of Peanuts sauce,:.
- It's 150 gr of peanut roasted or peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pettis (shrimp paste).
- You need Half of tbsp palm sugar.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic (fried).
- You need 2 of small chilli (to taste).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It's 200 ml of tamarind juice.
High protein and super eggy vegan tofu scramble! This hearty and satisfying vegan breakfast is super close to scrambled eggs in taste without actually being scrambled eggs, which is super cool! Perfect for vegans who miss eggs and those who just want a hearty healthy breakfast. Cut tofu into roughly ½" thick slices.
Tofu Eggs instructions
- Grinding all ingredients peanut sauce until smooty. Add tamarin juice mix..
- Mix 1 egg with half tofu and add bit salt. Fried with oil VG like omelet..
- Add peanuts sauce in the plate 3 tbsp. Put eggs on top, potato,bean sprouts, tofu, celery, spring onion,fried onion and sweet sauce..
You can use a biscuit cutter if you want to make round patties for vegan egg muffins. Whisk together dry ingredients in a wide dish, and dip tofu slices to coat all sides thoroughly. (Optionally, you can let the tofu sit in the dish for a few extra minutes on each side. Even when you are cooking for one, it's worth taking a few minutes to make a hot, protein-rich breakfast. By stretching an egg with a little tofu, you reduce the cholesterol and saturated fat. Try tucking it into a whole-wheat pita pocket for a simple and satisfying breakfast sandwich-and a healthful alternative to fast-food fare.