Over medium eggs. Over easy: The egg is flipped and cooked for just a few seconds longer, enough to fully set the whites but leave the yolk completely runny. Watch our how to cook an over easy egg video below. Over medium : This time, the flipped egg cooks for a minute or two, long enough to partly set the yolk but still leave it a little creamy (yet not thin.
That means the heat level and the time the egg spends in the hot pan will make or break your success. Crack your egg gently into a small glass bowl. I highly recommend local eggs, straight from the farm- the taste is noticeably different! You can cook Over medium eggs using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Over medium eggs
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
The over medium egg is often over looked for more popular egg preparations. Scrambled, over easy and sunny side up eggs are all great in different applications, but for me not much beats an over medium egg. It's on par with baked eggs, and here you will learn how to cook over medium eggs quickly and easily. In a small nonstick over medium heat, melt butter (or heat oil).
Over medium eggs step by step
- Turn your stove on medium high heat and place your frying pan on it. Add about 1/2 tbsp of butter to the pan per egg. Put the pan on medium heat and let the butter melt evenly (spread the butter throughout the pan with a spatula if needed)..
- Crack the eggs into the pan and let cook for about 1-2 minutes over medium heat. When the eggs whites are set (no longer liquidy), it’s time to flip the eggs. With a spatula, carefully flip the eggs, ensuring the yolk does not break..
- Once flipped, let the eggs cook for another 15-30 seconds on the other side and then turn off the burner heat. Let the eggs sit on the hot pan for another minute to finish cooking and then remove them from the hot pan..
- If you like you could crack the eggs into a small bowl instead of directly into the pan, but I think it’s an extra and unnecessary step..
- Don’t forget to put a bit of salt and pepper to taste it!.
- Over medium eggs are great on their own, but are best enjoyed with toast or on top of an english muffin. Don’t eat them by themselves. My personal favorite is a blt with the over medium egg and cheese..
- These are different ways I have ate over medium eggs. They are so good. Enjoy..
How does this food fit into your daily goals? Bake as above. (Mexican-Style Eggs-in-a-Nest; Baked Eggs with Creamy Spinach Hash Browns) For stovetop "baked" egg dishes, prepare recipe in a skillet. Cook, covered, over medium heat until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. (Eggs & Hash Brown Skillet; Creamy Pasta & Egg Skillet) Fried eggs are usually thought of as diner breakfast fare, but they're a easy way to add protein to all kinds of meals— salads, sandwiches, burgers or in a classic Huevos Rancheros. There a four basic styles of fried eggs—sunny side up, over easy, over medium and over well—indicating the level of doneness. Frying an egg sounds simple enough but it can get quite complex when you are trying to keep the yolk intact while flipping to make it over-medium.